Thursday 6 June 2013

Everything

Matthew 28:18-20
 Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always to the very end of the age."

God could have made an army of Mother Teresas or Billy Grahams or even sent angels, yet he chose us. He chose us to complete his task. With all of our flaws and weaknesses God wants us. Right now, where you are is where He wants you. You are God's plan for the right here, right now. Our flaws make it so we simply cannot take any credit when God does something amazing. We must be totally out of our element, so that when  God does something absolutely amazing, all we can say is, "God did it."  

Romans 12:9-10
But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong. 

Believe that. Be humbled by that. Live by that. The fact that God lets us be a part of spreading his name is overwhelming. There is nothing like looking into the eyes of another human being and telling them that there is hope and that God, the Creator of everything loves them. And we are called to do that; to be blessed by sharing God's love. That is something that we must abandon everything for. That is something worth leaving everything familiar and running to those who still have not heard of God's plan of salvation for them.

Romans 10:14-15
How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them?  And how can anyone preach unless they are sent? As it is written: “How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!”

We have those beautiful feet. Where are we going to go with them?  

That is everything.

I'll live for that.
I'll die for that.



No comments:

Post a Comment